Gutted

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
Took delivery of my new PC today. Booted it up and no signal to the monitor. Tried all the usual steps with no luck. Spent over an hour with a really nice guy called Maarten who talked me through some steps. We re housed the GPU, checked all internal cables, re fitted the RAM and all with no joy. The fact there is no beep on startup although all RGB lights come on suggests hardware failure.

Absolutely gutted I have waited a month and it arrives like this. DPD coming tomorrow to collect and it'll probably be a 2 week turnaround.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just wondering, did you check the CPU cable to the motherboard from the PSU?

It's a small 8 pin connector usually in the top left of the motherboard.

If a board is lighting up but not booting that generally means CPU isn't getting power.

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
I checked all the connectors Spyder and all appeared connected. The fact the machine was tested and QC makes it all the more strange. Help desk seem to think the motherboard is the problem. They were going to send a new GPU thinking it was maybe a display port but I connected the laptop to the monitor and it plays no problem.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It will certainly have worked on the test bench at PCS, and we know from experience the stuff does come loose in transit, so it may well be something loose or disconnected.

Can you post the full specs?

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
Case COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT Six Core CPU (4.5GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingSTANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
MonitorMSI 23.6" Optix MAG241CPUK - 1920 x 1080, 1MS, 144Hz
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Keyboard & MouseCorsair Bundle - K55 Keyboard & M55 PRO Mouse
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySCOTTISH HIGHLANDS & UK OFFSHORE ISLANDS / N IRELAND
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 18 to 20 working days

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
It will certainly have worked on the test bench at PCS, and we know from experience the stuff does come loose in transit, so it may well be something loose or disconnected.

Can you post the full specs?
Yeah that's what we thought but everything appears as it should be. The fact there is no noise on boot is strange.

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
I'd hate to send it back for a loose connector but honestly can't see where it is. Everything that I can see is fully engaged.

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
Thats the only connector not connected and it's cable tied off and wasn't connected when I received it.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 183

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
That's really weird, I'd appreciate knowing what the problem turns out to be?

I will indeed. I appreciate these things happen and it is unfortunate. It's nobody's fault but it's now at times like this where PCS can shine with their customer service and get it resolved sharpish. Having waited 4 weeks for it to arrive I would hope I will have it back by the middle of next week at the latest. What I will say is the guy called Maarten who talked to me over the phone and helped was 1st class.