H110i Corsair Cooler Missing Fan 2 and Device Disconnect Issue

Quander

Hi Guys,

Just want to bring to your attention I had an issue with my new PC last night where alll of a sudden the H110i Cooler started being glitchy. I first noticed there was an erratic fan behaviour up and down then I head the device connect/ disconnect system beep like a usb plug in sound. Then I went into the Corsair Link and noticed the Pump was showing RPM of 0 and the 2nd H110i Fan had disappeared from it. So to try and rectify I did the following:

1. Reboot - Issue not resolved.
2. Shutdown and restart - Issue not resolved.
3. Then I noticed the Corsair Link was showing there was an update available so clicked on that and did a reboot - Issue not resolved.
4. On the reboot it said update was available again so figured it might have been a corrupted update so uninstalled Corsair Link and rebooted - Issue not resolved.

All the time I had noticed there was no temp issues so everything seemed to be working, just buggy. So with all software related options exhausted I went with hardware so I did the following:

1. Changed Fan Headers - which I need to add that due to cable management it left very little room for manovering, but just enough with a bit of effort to re-route it next to the CPU fan header. Restarted - Issue not resolved.
2. Re-Installed the Corsair Link to see if any change to the display but the 2nd H110i Fan was still missing and the H110i Pump reading at 0 RPM.
2. Changed to the second USB 2.0 Header - again as above due to cable management it made and easy job difficult but there was just the bare minimum to reach it. Restarted - Issue not resolved.
3. Unplugged the the USB connecter from the cooler cpu block and reconnected, even though it was secured tightly. Restarted - Issue finally resolved - Corsair Link now seeing the 2nd H110i Fan and the the Pump RPMs now also reading correctly. No more connect/ disconnect issues.

So not sure if one of the fan headers/ usb headers have failed and it needed to be reconnected to register my change or if something glitchy was with the USB Connector and re-connecting it fixed the issue.

So best case scenario I have fixed the issue and will not need to comeback on the post. Worst case scenario it was only a plaster and the H110i Cooler is faulty with imminent total failure pending.

But said I better report it either way.

Regards
Mark

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Please note, PCS don't monitor these forums, so if you want to log the fault with them so it's on the record, you'd need to contact them directly via telephone.

You took the right steps. It's likely the Pump header USB had become loose in transit, and repositioning this fixed the issue.