H115i Cooler Firmware Update

RichardL

Hi all,

Long time no post - hope everyone is well.

iCUE on my PCS system informs me each day when I turn on that a firmware update is necessary for my CPU cooler. I remember the need to check in with PCS if this is covered by my warranty - as in do I need to email them to check before I update?

Nothing is wrong the system is working as intended I'm just sick of the message each day but if its a case of if it isn't broken then don't fix it then need to find a way to turn off the annoying notification.

Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

Long time no post - hope everyone is well.

iCUE on my PCS system informs me each day when I turn on that a firmware update is necessary for my CPU cooler. I remember the need to check in with PCS if this is covered by my warranty - as in do I need to email them to check before I update?

Nothing is wrong the system is working as intended I'm just sick of the message each day but if its a case of if it isn't broken then don't fix it then need to find a way to turn off the annoying notification.

Thanks.
iCue is just concerning the cooler or fans.

It's only the BIOS you need to get PCS permission for.

You can update anything else as you like.

On something other than a BIOS it's important to keep firmware updated

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I personally operate under the "if it isn't broke, don't change it" mindset. If your pump is working fine, I wouldn't update it. Sometimes it'll update with no issues at all, and sometimes it'll cause headaches.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The only real reason to update is if you need to in order for the latest version of the software to run, or if there's something particular that you need the update for.