H500M Fans

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
Hello, I was just wondering about the controllability on the MF200R through the Master+ is it not recognised, i believe there is some what control other then the button. I have a had a look around the the H500M ARGB controller board and it seems fine. If anyone knows any solution how to connect it up with master+ advice would be appreciated, Thank you :)

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think the fans included in case are connected to a controller. To make them visible to the Master+ app you might need to disconnect from controller and connect to motherboard ARGB header instead.

That’s my guess anyway, not super familiar with that case or master+

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
EDD794DD-09AA-473B-84CA-37E94C3C3631-min.jpeg

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If it’s ARGB fan, then no. ARGB is 5V, RGB is 12V. Check your motherboard manual for location of ARGB headers

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry this is a 4 pin females cable is it alright to plug it into a 3 pin male slot? thank you for the help

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
Unfortunately no luck so far, I have a feeling you mean another cable? here’s a pic, thank you for helping so far it is greatly appreciated
1597BAD2-62F0-42C4-B855-C2FB021F29DE-min-min.jpeg
29126281-AB48-4B40-B9DE-76A2B39FD3BB-min-min.jpeg

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Where does the cable connected to the ARGB-IN in the last photo connect to? I presume you had the two fans connected to ARGB-OUT1 or ARGB-OUT2 originally?

EDIT: I'm thinking that hub might need to be connected to motherboard's USB 2.0 connector in order to become visible to Masterplus. But I can't tell for certainty as I've never used Masterplus and can't find docs for it. This link seems to back my theory.

Last edited:

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
The fan cable was originally in ARGB OUT 1 , The ARGB-IN lead to originally to the motherboard, Through a 3 pin female connector.

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
So is it 2.0 or micro and where should i plug this into, do i need to purchase this? thanks for the help

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It’s 9 pin usb internal connector on the motherboard end, you’ll have to look at the hub to see what connector you need for it.

An alternative would be connect the fans to the motherboard ARGB header (remove the existing connection from the hub) and install armoury crate. It should in theory detect the ARGB fans and all you to control rgb

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
So would the connection if i was doing the armoury crate method be just like how i did it before?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah wire it back to how it was at start. I assume that hub just works as a splitter and Crate will detect it. If not you could try connecting fans directly to header and skip hub.