HAF-X + Internal card reader?

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew why the HAF-X doesn't accept an internal memory card reader? Is it the size of the drive bay?

I'd really like to get this case when I finally get around to configuring a PC but I'd also like a card reader which means that I'd be likely to switch to the CM stormtrooper instead to get it.

What I don't really understand is that the CM stormtrooper also uses 5.25" drive bays and only has 3 of them compared to 4 for the Haf-X (+2 additional hot swap bays) so why can't a 5.25" memory card reader be fitted in the Haf-x?
I know that I could get an external one but I'd rather have it in my PC since the Haf-X has so many available drive bays..

Another option would be to buy one and fit it myself, such as this one click.

Shouldn't be too hard. :shuriken:

Buzz

Master
For something like this I would stick to the case you really want and dont compromise for something like a card reader.

They can be bought dirt cheap. Can get full external usb ones so dont even need to go near the case.

Something like this maybe
Kingston-Flash-Memory-Reader

Support for: MMCmobile, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, RS-MMC; MiniSD,miniSDHC; microSD, microSDHC; MMCmicro; CF Type I and II, Microdrive; MemoryStick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo; MemoryStick Micro (M2)

Last edited:

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Yeah I guess you're right I'm planning to get a usb external hub anyways for my 2 external HDDs so I guess I could add an external one I just don't want to clog the desk too much. I'll look into adding an internal one myself cuz let's face it the Haf-X is awesome.

It just feels odd that it cannot be fitted on this case using the configurator. Maybe it's because PCS's card readers are not 5.25", I dunno :confused:

Buzz

Master
Yep,

Is the same for my case. 500R. I have a 7port self powered usb. Very small very neat. And I have a small card reader thats in my drawer rarely sees sunlight but Its there as and when I do need it. No clutter no mess. All gravy as they say

Wolvo7

Bright Spark

mev

Bronze Level Poster
I have the HAF 932 so not sure if the HAF X is the same or not but mine came with a front grill cut out to take 3 1/2 " devices, if it's same as mine then you'd just need a int bracket for 5 1/2" - 3 1/2".
It's a poor video but you can make out the front grill with cut out here.

[video=youtube;AeB1utxtzro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeB1utxtzro&[/video]

Last edited: