Half Life 2 Remaster!!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So @Bhuna50 let us know about this, not sure if it's come up before, but man oh man, I have extremely high hopes!

This is quite heavily community driven with mod packs, synchronised with efforts from a studio called Orbifold who've done Half Life 2 VR, and then backed by Nvidia with the RTX Remix mod tools.

So this news is really special! Why they haven't started with the original game, I don't know, but still, any Half Life reboot is a winner for gamers

But it's gonna take some GPU horsepower, I'm guessing RTX3070 for anything half decent at 1080p.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
So @Bhuna50 let us know about this, not sure if it's come up before, but man oh man, I have extremely high hopes!

This is quite heavily community driven with mod packs, synchronised with efforts from a studio called Orbifold who've done Half Life 2 VR, and then backed by Nvidia with the RTX Remix mod tools.

So this news is really special! Why they haven't started with the original game, I don't know, but still, any Half Life reboot is a winner for gamers

But it's gonna take some GPU horsepower, I'm guessing RTX3070 for anything half decent at 1080p.

homer all needs a cold shower,

Showering GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
For one reason and another, I've never actually completed Half Life 2, despite my love of the original, It's in my Steam library, but so are many, many, MANY other games. I've started HL2 a few times, but was never sucked in as fully as I was with HL. If it got some sort of Black Mesa-level remaster/remake, then I would definitely look to finally complete it!