Half Life Alyx Setup

gavmac

Bronze Level Poster
What would be a good setup for this game for a low, medium and high budget and what the pros and cons would be for each?

I'm looking to get a desktop PC with a Valve Index but not sure what would be the best set-up, hence the vagueness. Hopefully someone can help?

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What would be a good setup for this game for a low, medium and high budget and what the pros and cons would be for each?

I'm looking to get a desktop PC with a Valve Index but not sure what would be the best set-up, hence the vagueness. Hopefully someone can help?

Thanks!
You’d want a minimum GPU of an RTX 2070 Super so a desktop will be roughly £1.5k

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you're buying a system with this game being one of the principle focuses, the best play is to wait for it to be released, then wait a few days for PC gaming websites to post benchmarks, then buy the requisite gaming PC. You miss out on playing it at launch but at least you can buy something tailored to the exact experience you want.

If you're buying a VR gaming PC anyway, and just want to have a best guess at Alyx, an RTX 2070 Super sounds like a safe bet - check out the 2 'black friday' deals here:

I suppose ultimately it depends whether the PC needs to render Alyx's arms or not. *cough*