Happy 400th post, me!

Who would win in a fight between:

• Total voters

Flucky

Let us celebrate with some Afghan ice cream!

I've also added a poll to a question that involves a great deal of thought and imagination.
Explanations to the chosen answer would be appreciated.

[video=youtube_share;ivBpNGwvrpg]http://youtu.be/ivBpNGwvrpg[/video]

EDIT: apologies for the spelling, it should be lethargic*

Last edited:

steaky360

I would like to put the case forward for the lethargic tortoise with a reinforced shell and poisonous bite.

Although lethargy (however severe) will be a let down to any fighting animal I cant see how it could lose to the giraffe (who's vertigo would surely be its downfall without having to actually 'fight') and the gibbon (who may end up being forced to go to anger management classes to help it get through its obvious issues with losing its arm).

As I eluded to just there, the giraffe would be no match and would likely pass out and slip over (being greased) and therefore allow the tortoise (when it can be bothered) to go and bite it with its poisonous bite of doom.

The one armed gibbon would be more of a challenge, especially with its sharpened nails. I would imagine its anger issues would force it to try and pick up and throw the tortoise, who would likely laugh off this pitiful assault in its armoured home, the gibbon would become furious and maybe try and kick the tortoise (sharpened nails x 2 feet?). However, have you ever walked into a short table/kicked a door and stubbed your toes? Bloody hurts!!! Allowing the gibbon to tire itself out with repeated futile attempts to attack, the tortoise would again summon all of its willpower to apply a bite of uber death on the gibbon... thus Tortoise wins.

tortoise.jpg

Flucky

Ah but you see the gibbon could flip the tortoise and start hacking away at the underside. The problem there of course is he will probably get frustrated due to his anger problems and try going for the tortoise's head immediately. Bad idea for him as one little bite from the tortoise and he's a goner.

The giraffe can still function with the vertigo, he just has to keep his head low which gives the gibbon a bit more of a chance to jump onto its neck. The gibbon will have great difficulty climbing onto the giraffe due to the oil - it will have to go a tiny bit at a time as it could only grip onto the giraffe with its legs (due to his sharpened toenails). Climbing up something with just your legs would be challenging for even a monkey. Once the gibbon got to the giraffes head though, game over for Mr Giraffe. A giraffe's kick is incredibly strong, and one hit with that the gibbon is dead so it has to be very cautious.

With the tortoise the giraffe would have to play the long game. Whilst the tortoise is having a nap it would have to reach down and bite the tortoise's tail to lift it into the air. This is a problem though as suffering from veritgo he'll be dizzy, and if you've ever seen a giraffe position itself so its head can reach the ground it has to be in a very awkward position indeed making falling over not unlikely. Once it has grabbed the tortoise tail though it could lift it into a tree to starve to death.