Hard drive health already down to 52%!!!!

PC_Gamer

I've had my new pc a little over two months and already the hard drive health is way down to 52%! This seems extremely excesive considering the age of the hard drive. I've noticed it sometimes gets really loud when I switched it on in the morning but eventually it quiets down. Is it a fault product?

IsCDo.png

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
A low health value alone does not necessarily mean that the hard disk will fail in the near future,it could still last for months or years,you should get S.M.A.R.T. warnings before
failure is imminent, also your drive status is showing as ok.
Some hard drives can be really loud initially,having said that it's always
good practice to backup your hard drive.

Last edited:

PC_Gamer

A low health value alone does not necessarily mean that the hard disk will fail in the near future,it could still last for months or years,you should get S.M.A.R.T. warnings before

Thanks for easing my mind a little. I still say it's a disgrace the health has gotten that low in so little time.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i wouldnt believe any of these programs anyway, on a similar program, my SSD said 60% just weeks after getting it, another program said 99%

baron75mk2

Banned

I can second this , i had two 2TB hitachi deskstar HDDs , that were very loud when reading / writing , but there was never any issues at all with them , still running fine after 15 months - just louder than average i guess .