Hard drive swapping and dead pixels!

matget

Hi, I will be ordering a laptop this next week hopefully, but have a couple of questions before hand, mainly aimed for PCS but if anyone else has any answers please do answer!

Firstly with regards to hard drives, If I have windows 7 pre-installed by PCS, will mthey send me the install disc and code etc with it? I ask because I am highly likely to completely swap the hard drive down the road when hard drive prices go down a little again!

Secondly to do with dead pixels, is it worth dishing out extra money for the dead pixel guarantee or not? How many people have actually had problems with this?

Thanks

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it will come pre-installed but you must finish it, by putting in the computer name, code etc

the disc is also included and therefore can be reinstalled again again and again, although not on multiple PCs of course

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
1. We always provide the original Windows 7 install disc and the licence will be attached underneath the laptop.

2. This is your choice, and it's more for peace of mind than anything else. Our screens are at least A grade and the chance of a dead pixel is minimal. If a dead pixel would frustrate you then for £12 you can be protected for 30 days or for £19 you can be protected against this for 1 year.

matget

Ok thank you very much. So for clarification later on if I just buy a new hard drive and just simply swap them and attempt to install windows, I should be okey doke? Will I need to do anything special before hand? (obviously backing up documents, but other than that I mean?)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yes you can install it on the new drive, although its probably best if you wipe the other hard drive because you cant have one copy connected to the internet twice