Has anyone ever played APB: all points bulletin

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
According to various sites, an open beta will start soon, and it will relaunch as a free to play game funded by microtransactions

Probably has violence in there somewhere

[video=youtube;fkNu2FtC6BQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkNu2FtC6BQ[/video]

the open beta was suppose to start today but it got delayed again

Last edited:

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Nice 1 for the link +Rep saw this some time ago....was put off by SH....crap reviews; but am defo gonna give this one a go. Its no GTA but looks like mindless fun all the same!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Had a quick go on it :p, It feels alot like GTA 4 online... just with ALOT more people, it's a shame you can only squad up with 4 mates at the moment :'(

Al.Neri

Super Star
tried to give it a go myself but I can't get past the login screen. it just keeps giving me a 10010 error code message

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
It means your log in details are invalid, have you registered a gamers first account? And typed in your password correctly, I didn't realised there was a cap on the length password and was typing in extra digits -.-

Al.Neri

Super Star
my login details were valid. I even changed my password via email to be sure but I still couldn't get past the login screen.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
I am downloading it now and have made an account etc. will let you know if it works for me. Check that your firewall settings are allowing the program access; and that uac is set to allow; could just be a temp. server error?

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Played this for about 4 hours now, it's pretty cool, the customization is brilliant, and you can add your own music the the music player for your car (which other people can hear), or choose to play it outside the car as well.
Car customization is similair to Forza as you can make any shapes you want etc, and you can make logo's or even a fully skinned car and sell them in the auction house.
Clothes can also be customized in the exact same way, and again sold (or bought) on the auction house (only problem is you cant text search, only choose a category)

Combat mechanics are good, and being in a 4 man group (max,) getting pitted against another group is good fun, especially when you call in backup for another group to assist, and the otherside don't :p
Knowing what to do when you start off is a little bit weird for the first 30 mins, as the tutorial doesn't really help all that much, but after a little bit of playing, you get to grips with the game and it all makes sense (i.e. leveling up NPC's to unlock stuff, where to customize/buy new things etc.)

I'm on the Obeya (EU1) Server which i think Drunken is also on, and i'm an enforcer. Add "Kalisnoir" to you're friends list and drop me an email.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
I played it for a few hours last night too..found it great fun! Agree with all the points above and cant say too much more than the fact there are lots of people playing and you do need to spend some time yourself in the gameworld working stuff out; after the brief practice area you will start working it out and having a laugh. On the Obeya EU1 server too as an enforcer!

1st thing you notice is how good the character customisation is! Excellent.....spent a good 15 mins on this alone messin about and then had another couple of hours on the game. Well worth a look; although my life as a cop was pretty hard last night in a few missions lol....streets werent much safer after my beat. :gunsmilie:

Gonna have another look later; without my pack of donuts.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I played it for a few hours last night too..found it great fun! Agree with all the points above and cant say too much more than the fact there are lots of people playing and you do need to spend some time yourself in the gameworld working stuff out; after the brief practice area you will start working it out and having a laugh. On the Obeya EU1 server too as an enforcer!

1st thing you notice is how good the character customisation is! Excellent.....spent a good 15 mins on this alone messin about and then had another couple of hours on the game. Well worth a look; although my life as a cop was pretty hard last night in a few missions lol....streets werent much safer after my beat. :gunsmilie:

Gonna have another look later; without my pack of donuts.

Yeah, definatly the best customization i've experienced in a game.

Drop me an email and i'll add you too friends :)

Add me on Steam also (snow-twist)

Al.Neri

Super Star
I managed to get it to work, but I just can't get the hang of it. being a console gamer, I am not used to WASD controls, even moreso when driving. I plugged my XBOX controller in but that didn't seem to be comepletely compatible, and there didn't seem to be any way to map the controls.