has anyone used a projector for films / games?

Bsrz

Rising Star
Since I have a dedicated room for gaming / watching films I thought I should make the most of it Its not a large room but since its mine I am thinking of dedicate it to a home theatre.

looking at getting a projector for films / games - going to hook it up to my pc running xbmc.

my far wall is big enough for a 120" screen so that's what I am going to go for.

question is should I buy a projector screen or buy some paint and paint a projector screen. or could I just use the white wall as is?

also for anyone that has owned or used a projector for gaming / movies what did you think if it? would you say you prefer it to a tv?

thinking of hooking my gaming pc up to it and play bf4 on a 120" screen with kb / mouse obv.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Never used a projector so cant really comment. My only concern would be if its just a 1080p projector a 120 inch image might look a bit fuzzy, presumably you will be sitting relatively close.

Bsrz

Rising Star
Never used a projector so cant really comment. My only concern would be if its just a 1080p projector a 120 inch image might look a bit fuzzy, presumably you will be sitting relatively close.

prob around 3 metres away from the screen. I think modern projectors have things to digitally focus the image tho not sure.