Have Intel been given a Ladder to get out of the Hole?

Gavras

Master Poster
It has been recognised for a while that Intel have been broken for a while.

Not just with architecture but also their consumer / prosumer model has been fragmented.

It will be interesting what route they choose to get out of that hole they dug.

A new CEO and Interim CPU and recognising they are failing against Apple and AMD, and that they have major problems with their approach to architecture.

Will they get back to ground level?

I really hope so, I like Intel but there was zero chance I would be using them in the PC I had built in August (that would have been stupid).

It will however take a while, in my opinion 2-3 years before they have new robust and proven architecture.

I then we will see then back at the top and with some of the new Pro chip technology built in to consumer chips.

I have to admitt I hope they bounce back think they got stagnant without any real opposition for years until amd dropped the bomb on them its probably what they needed can only be a good thing !

Stephen M

Author Level
Have to think it is possible, just think back a few years we would have asked a similar question about Lisa Su and AMD.

I am surprised it has taken Intel this long to act, they knew their own long term strategy, that is if they had one and should have immediately reacted to the Ryzen CPUs.

They could not have competed immediately but could and should have started to plan.