having to send my pc back i am sad:(

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
having to send my pc back as it started doing funny things today, it turned itself off for no reasopn. called pcs tried removing graphic cards and it still turned off , sounds like a overheating problem to me but only thing i think it could be is the cpu. cpu cooler is fitted well. all working , but as soon as you turn it on it turns off after 30 sec sometimes less , was just wondering if there is anything else i could try before i send my lovely pc back as i will miss it :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
awww gutted dude,

check that all the fans are spinning, including the cpu fan/s

i cant remember what spec you have, can you post it up please?

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
have just looked all seem connected, and now as soon as you press power button it almost turns off instantly yer and all fans are spinning i have a horrible feeling that the cpu has give up on me and killed itself or the power supply has just give up

specs are

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V PRO: PCI-E 3.0 READY,WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
ok,

can you take off the side panel.

When you turn it on, do any red lights light up and stay on the mobo? look in between the gpu's for one too.

Also do you get any beeps? these indicate to what the problem may be depending on the number of beeps/length, you will need to look in the manual to find out what each type of beep means, if that makes sense.

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
np beeps at all, it does not even get that far i press power button and red light on mobo comes on for half second, fans start and turns off and it keeps going in a cycle like this on its own. i got feeling psu maybe has gone bad , maybe internal short circuit or something like that

tom_gr7

Life Serving
its right next to a ram stick above my graphic card

ok, i found the ya mobo manual online, found the page that explains the lights, Is it the one in the red circle? if so, yes it is the cpu.

Untitled.png

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
does not stay on at all, it flickers then pc tried to restart it self, keeps doing that, maybe it could be a psu issue then

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmmm, well it doesnt sound like the cpu, ssd, ram or gpu's,

Perhaps yea, psu or the mobo, what have the pro's at pcs said?

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
well when i called we went througha process of removing a gpu as he said it sounds like that, removed one and it booted up , but after 2 minutes it turned off, we reset bios battery as well. we then tried the other graphiic card, but he said they are closing and i would have to call back tomorrow if still no good. so i put one gpu in and removed the other . still the same 2 min ok and the turn off. so i thought ok i will remove both gpu and still the same , this would rule out any gpu issue . so only thing i can think off is the psu has gone bad and when gpus are in it turns off instantly and when they not in it stays on a little longer due to less power required. im just guessing here really but will call them in morning to get it returned as he was so sure it was a gpu that he sorted out a replacement , but he had to go as they was closing:) amd buzz no i cant the pc is on for about half a second its too quick to get a button push in:)