HDD issue

marvir

Enthusiast
Hey (yet again) guys,

This is (hopefully) the only issue with my PC right now, and I have to wait til Monday to find out what happens, I wanted to ask here if you guys know what PCS will do.

Basically when my PC arrived and I finally got myself a mini HDMI, booted it up and noticed that it only detected my SSD. I opened up the case and noticed that the HDD was sort of slanted and out of place in the caddy, which was probably something that happened during transport. Both the SATA cable and power cable were disconnected, so it seemed like a pretty violent bump. Anyway when I attempted to reconnect them, I noticed there's a piece of plastic where the data cable goes into the drive that's snapped off, and it's basically not keeping the cable in place, as I found out when I had to reconnect it 3 times before I was able to close my case up. It was detected but of course I don't want to have to reconnect the cables if I move my PC a bit because of how loose the cable is.

Do you think PCS will replace this for me? I spoke to someone earlier and they asked me to send in a picture and I did, but they didn't get back to me. It's a bit difficult as I want to move all my files but I can't until I know what's going to happen.

Here are the pics I took so you can see:

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I'd call pcs and point them to this thread and get a replacement sent out, even if it's not much damage, that would annoy me and I'm sure they'd be happy to help. They'd probably send a replacement in the post for you to fit rather than having to send the whole machine back in.

marvir

Enthusiast
Yeah, I figured. Part of me is dying to just let it go and deal with it, just because I really gotta get my files backed up, but if it constantly gets unseated, I'll regret it in the future. Thanks. It hasn't been a smooth start so far haha. None of them were PCS' fault though, just my luck. First, I didn't know that I needed a mini-HDMI to connect to my monitor. I already had 2 hdmi cables spare, and I don't have any DVI cables, I guess part of me assumed I'd receive one with the PC, so I took a taxi and a train and back to get myself one. Next was me taking forever to figure out how to hook up the side panel fan, but my specific case needed it to be hooked up to the case's built-in fan controller. Then the HDD issue. Gah, the ups and downs of a new rig. So far, the positives still outweigh the little niggles though.

Anyway, thanks!