HDDs and optical drive

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I there, am gonna buy a laptop soon but am still debating whether to have the optical drive or not. If I didn't, I would have to get and external one, how much would it cost and how much of a performance drop would there be? Secondly, I currently have a good ssd that I want to use in my laptop, I also have a good second hdd. My question is whether I can get a laptop from pcs without any hdds or optical drives in it but with the win7 install disk and code. I would then wipe my SSd, then put it in the laptop and use the installation disk. Is this possible??? Any help much appreciated!!!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
There will be no drop in performance when using an external optical drive as opposed to an internal drive. External drives are relatively cheap and you can easily pick one for for around £20, depending on the brand you choose. Here's some on Ebuyer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1...3&cat=27&filterea71=USB+2.0&filtersubcat=2213

Regarding your HDDs we can supply the laptop with your drives - on placing an order contact us and arrange to send the drives to us and we'll integrate them into the notebook for you and install the OS :)

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Thank you very much, this company just never seizes to amaze me!!! About the external optical drive, if I got a blu-ray one, would I have to install any software??? Thank you very much again, much appreciated!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the software would most likely come with the player itself and you will probably be asked to install it when plugged in, or it may use a regular driver available from the internet instantly through windows