HDMI Switcher for 1440p 165HZ Monitor

seakueue

Hello all. I just picked up the Dell S2721DGFA, and I wanted to easily switch between my gaming PC and my work laptop. I've been looking into getting a HDMI Switcher, but I'm not sure which one I can pick up while also maintaining the 165HZ refresh rate of the monitor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

seakueue

One important thing I forgot to mention - I was hoping to have a dual monitor setup for both personal and office work. So without a switcher of some sort, I would need 4 HDMI/DP cables, 2 into each of my monitors.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
One important thing I forgot to mention - I was hoping to have a dual monitor setup for both personal and office work. So without a switcher of some sort, I would need 4 HDMI/DP cables, 2 into each of my monitors.
So what's the issue?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Desktop: One DP cable to Monitor 1, second DP cable to Monitor 2 - no switcher needed
Laptop: One HDMI cable to Monitor 1, second HDMI cable to Monitor 2 - would need a splitter if laptop only has single HDMI.

But you'll be able to switch from desktop to laptop on the monitors. IF you use a HDMI switcher, you'd still have four cables going to it, and then 2 cables going out to monitors, so you've gone from 4 to 6 cables?

seakueue

This is what I get for trying to plan out my two computer setup while waiting for the actual second computer to arrive, nevermind me!