Headset Buzzing

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Hi all,

I recenty treated myself to a new Tritton AX PRO+ headset which is awesome. However I am having to run it via the optical connector through the decoder, as when I plug it into my sound card directly via the 3.5mm jacks (Creative Sound Blaster) and into a USB port (the mic is USB) I all I get is buzzing. If I disconnect the mic, the buzzing stops. I have read that this is a common problem with headset which are USB and 3.5mm jacks. What I can't find is the solution to stopping it. Reasons I have read range from power surges to electrical interference. Would simply using a good surge protector help or perhaps getting an external sound card?

I have personally found, that the sound quality when using the 3.5mm jacks is better and the 5.1 works better, but he buzzing when the mic is plugged in is awful...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
have you got the soundcard configured probably in the creative settings? might be easier if you post up a screen shot of your soundcard settings and windows sound settings.

What soundcard do you have?

also, might be worth having a play with the mic settings, (win 7 bottom right, right click on the volume icon)

i have tritton ax pro's and dont get any sort of buzzing with my current soundcard (asus dx). Although, I did have a ton of problems with my old soundcard though, was a sound blaster which i eventually removed.

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I have the sound blaster too. To be honest, I didn't even know there was a creative sound card setting, I just installed the card, plugged it in and set it to the default control.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have the sound blaster too. To be honest, I didn't even know there was a creative sound card setting, I just installed the card, plugged it in and set it to the default control.

you should be able to have a play in the settings, i had a creative card and i found the software awful and the drivers even worse. Leading to me buying a Asus dx which has great drivers and software.

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I have just taken out the sound card and used the on-board sound, the buzzing is still present.