Headset issue, sound coming through speakers

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

Not a major issue or anything just need some advice on setting up a headset, I am plugging it in to the ports at the front of the PC and for some reason I can talk through it fine but the people talking back and game sound/music or youtube videos is still coming through my speakers? I have searched the net and tried a few things and went into the sound properties and the microphone is showing up under recording properties but I cant seem to force it to push the sound to the headset.. any ideas as what I have tried hasn't worked? the headset works fine on my windows 7 pc but the new one is windows 8.1 and it just confuses me :)

Speakers/sound card and pc specs are -

Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX OEM
Speakers LOGITECH Z506 5.1 SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS - 75W RMS

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4590 (3.3GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, XFIRE/SLI
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

Thanks

JJ

Fiat140

I had the same problem and what i did was right click on "Realtek HD Audio Manger" which can be found on the control panel of the task bar. ( it has a red speaker symbol ). Once you right click that click on Audio devices. You will see a list of devices
that can play the sound from your computer. Try enabling or disabling a few of them and see what happens. My problem was that two devices were enabled at the same time, eg the monitor and the speakers.