Heavy Video Editing (After Effects) and Gaming (Crysis, Call Of Duty 4,5,6 + 7)

lloydehhh

Bronze Level Poster
Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6850 - 2 DVI,HDMI,mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable

2nd Graphics Card
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6850 - 2 DVI,HDMI,mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk
500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)

3rd Hard Disk
60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)

4th Hard Disk
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

RAID
RAID 1 (MIRRORED VOLUME - 2 x same size & model HDD / SSD) (£9)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£78)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)

Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Cordless Desktop Wave™ Laser Mouse & Keyboard Combo (£49)

Look good to you guys? Final cost: £1,301.00
Thanks, any feedback is greatly appreciated :turned:

bg92

Expert
What is your bugdet, and do you need Operating system inculed? And do you need a monitor inculed?
I would suggest going with more powerful single graphics card then the 6850 in crossfire, as crossifre or sli isn't perfect, as not everything actually makes a use of it and you get a higher power draw as well as more heat inside the case.

Teaz

Godlike
Not sure if 8GB of ram is enough for intense video editing but i believe it should be fine. Im guessing the 2 500gb cavair blacks will be the Raid? The 6970 would be a wiser choice if not the crossfire of the 6850. Other than that, the spec is fine but a change of the ATA driver to one of the Blacks would bring a better performance.
As for the extra components like a screen or os as bg92 said, that is still unknown, so how flexible is your budget?

Last edited:

lloydehhh

Bronze Level Poster
I have a budget of £1400, the OS was included in the price, and don't need a monitor. As for graphics cards, what ones do you recommend?

Teaz

Godlike
I see, what you have so far is good to go :) As for the Graphics card, i would say to stick with 1 poweful graphics card both nvidia an amd have a good range for their latest in their graphics card for single gpu. for nvidia the 580 or 570 would do well in video editing aswel as games, for amd their 6970 or 6950 would be good aswel. If you want to run alot of screens then the amd would be more of the right choice, if not then the nvidia would be good with single or dual screen. Depends on your choice really. i personally like nvidia's 580. nvidia an amd both have their advantages and disadvantages in their graphics cards.

If you grab the 580 it may run just over your budget by a few quid.

Last edited:

Meds

As the guys above have already said, the spec looks good. However, I'd recommend you to follow the advice and drop the 2 x HD6850's and get a single nvidia GTX570 (CUDA Cores = better editing performance) and I'd also recommend a PSU upgrade to the Corsair TX850.