Hello my name is Andrea

Andrea53

Hello I am new to the forum, and I was wondering if any one out there could guide me on upgrading my computer.
Specifications I need to upgrade from my little 32mb to a 64mb I hear you gasp how can any one survive on a 32 quite well but everything is going to 64 now.
So the reason I need to upgrade and add the dreaded Win 10 is to enable me to use my Daz Studio. I have a Nvidia Graphics card and I am going to need a new one I know that, so that it can take Iray.
Are there any Daz Studio users out there that can help me, its a bit like Blender only way more advanced. I live in the UK and although I could ask the Daz Studio members and they would probably help me I thought I would start again and ask some of the members of the forum here. I am on a budget and the one I am looking at is just 500 pound which is a lot of money. Should I go brand new or should I go refurbished. I am a carer and a gardener and its not as if I am glued to the computer like the good old days.
Hope someone can help xxx Andrea

Stephen M

Author Level
Welcome along. Afraid the bad news is prices are sky high at moment because of world situation. If you can wait they should drop in a couple of months, although you will need more than 500 for a basic system.

If you already have Windows that can be transferred by downloading the iso from your Microsoft account. That will save almost 100.

Andrea53

Welcome along. Afraid the bad news is prices are sky high at moment because of world situation. If you can wait they should drop in a couple of months, although you will need more than 500 for a basic system.

If you already have Windows that can be transferred by downloading the iso from your Microsoft account. That will save almost 100.
Thank you very much, and for the welcome. I can wait if the prices are going to drop, thanks for the warning on how much its going to set me back. Best regards and wishes Andrea

Andrea53

Thanks for your reply, yes I knew it would be expensive but not in the 1000s no matter I will keep saving and see how the price drops go, I don't even know whether I want to use Iray, since I am only using it as a hobby rather than a business, and I spend more time in the garden than I do on the computer. I appreciate that you took the time to research it and find out from DAZ Studio the requirements or the limits. Thank you x