Hello there!

hiya,

Thought I would introduce myself to the forums...I've been lurking now since I ordered my PC a few weeks ago but thought it's about time I said hello :)

I have to say I have been very impressed with how helpful you lot are on this forum, seems to be a very friendly and helpful community that PCS has nutured here.

BFN

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Good morning and welcome to the forums.

Hopefully you were able to tinker with your spec before you ordered after some help on the forums.

Stick around, and any problems that rear their ugly heads can usually be solved with assistance on here, or guidance that can be directed towards the livechat/phone help line.

DED

MrShteeeve

Good morning and welcome to the forums.

Hopefully you were able to tinker with your spec before you ordered after some help on the forums.

Stick around, and any problems that rear their ugly heads can usually be solved with assistance on here, or guidance that can be directed towards the livechat/phone help line.

DED

Yeah I'll say the same :). We're not paid for this, we just enjoy it haha ;). We look forward to hearing about your new build :)

yeah I did make a few changes whilst it was in pre-production (it's hard to resist tbh) but it entered the "building" phase on Friday so no more messing for me.

Here's the spec btw. I wanted to stick with Nvidia as I have a 3D monitor and Nvision set that I want to use.

Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W TX SERIES (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU
Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1155/1156 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

MrShteeeve

That looks to be a good build, I like the two 570's, In SLI I presume, very nice. I can imagine you having a lot of fun with that there. What sort of games do you play?

Thanks for the welcom Vanthas.

Well I have to say I love battlefield bad company 2 and I'm really looking forward to the next one later this year. I also play a bit of WoW when I get a chance, been level 81 now for ever haha. Both these games play brilliantly in 3D....although on my old 8800 GTX they didn't look so great. I'm hoping the 570's will let me turn the settings back up. I also have a real soft spot for the Dawn of War and Civilisation games...and I've just got a copy of the witcher 2....

you know it's probably easier to tell you what games I don't play... :)

MrShteeeve

I'm the same with games don't worry! I play all games I can! Those 2 570's will be a powerhouse for all the games you want to play so you have nothing to worry about there matey! So just enjoy it all when you get it :)

good I hope so! I've not had any experience with SLI, so I'll no doubt be back here with a ton of questions on how to configure it and what not.