Hello to all on PCS

Gigeralien

I would just like to say hello and say what a great site this is. I’ve been browsing on here for several weeks and found it to be very helpful with lots of friendly advice so have just taken the plunge and registered.

I’m looking to build my new PC in the next couple of months, my current one was a high spec custom build by Dell some 11 years ago now. It has done well but is now on its last legs, I’ve been amazed it continued to remain practical and almost fully functional up until this year, now it just limbers along and struggles. Poor old thing, it’s gaming days are long over.

So with a budget and a spec in mind for my new PCS machine where would be the best place for me to post a thread for some helpful tweaking advice? I’ve noticed that they seem to appear in a number of different topics and wondered where was best? Thanks

Teaz

Godlike
Welcome to the forums :)

Post it in the "Check this spec!" section and post a new thread :)

A budget would help if you're working on one also your usage :)

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I'd suggest the Sales Advice/Desktops (or Laptops if you want a laptop instead of desktop) would be a good place to start :), either that or the 'Check This Spec' section .

And remember it'll make it easier for people to help if you give a vague budget and what you're planning on using the PC for.

JSG10

Expert
Welcome! :)

Hope to see your proposed spec soon, I'm sure we can help you tweak it and get the most for your money :)

Gigeralien

Thank you all for the welcome and advice so far,

My budget will be in the region of £1200 - £1500 for a desktop PC that will be used for a range of applications. As well as general everyday use and using Microsoft Office for working at home, it will need to be practical for Photo and Full HD video editing, and it would be very nice to finally play games again that are both great and visually stunning without losing performance. I’m not sure my budget will stretch to allow max settings for this though.

I'll have a go with configuring my new PC on the website today and hopefully there is room in my budget to move things around if need be. Once I'm happy with what I'd like overall then I will post it here either in 'Check This Spec' or the 'Sales Advice/Desktops', thanks.

The good thing is I have plenty of time before ordering my new PC, so lots of time to get everything just right without rushing it. :)