Hello!

TenguTroopa

Hi all, treated myself to a limited budget Vortex Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen on Friday, thought id join here and see what's going down! Look forward to talking to you all.

TenguTroopa

Haha thanks, no hiding the fact I am a massive nerd! Looking forward to getting back to some PC based gaming after a long break! Cannot wait for the new laptop to arrive!

TenguTroopa

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i3 Dual Core Mobile Processor i3-2370M (2.40GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 1.5GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD SCORPIO BLUE WD10JPVT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)

Its not massive spec but its step up for my 4 year old HP something something thats on its last legs. I'm a big console gamer too so it will be nice to chop and change between the two, this should set me up for the time being.

TenguTroopa

Many thanks, glad to be here! What do you think about the above spec, enough for mid range gaming? Looking at getting back into some Eve online, counter strike etc, the PC classics.

TenguTroopa

Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear :)! Funnily enough my Granddad helped choose my final spec (75 year old IT guru who taught me everything I know!) Cannot wait to get my hands on it!

TenguTroopa

The lappy has been built, waiting on the LAN card to turn up by the looks of things, excellent email updates from PCS. Very excited now! Will post a review and pics when she is up and running!

TenguTroopa

Well the new laptop has arrived at last and I must say was well worth the wait :) there was a slight delay due to the wireless card being out of stock, but apart from that I really cant complain. Just installed steam and am downloading a few demos to test the spec.

Ace customer service too, I am very happy. Pics and review to come!