help - bluetooth not working on Optimus II laptop

tommo123

i got this in april 2012 (order 452446) and sometime between that summer (deffo used bluetooth then but not since) and this month the bluetooth seems to have failed (or the toggle button has failed - the other 2 are fine though). i reinstalled the drivers for it but then i noticed it's not even showing up in device manager. tried the toggle a few times but no change. checked bios in case it was turned off there or something but i can't see an option for just bluetooth. fairly basic bios.

any thoughts pls?

also, if this has to go back to be fixed/replaced (3 year warranty) then would i have to remove the 2nd hard disc i entered myself 1st or would it be safe to leave it in there?

thanks

Tom.

tommo123

hi, this is still the same. i think it the notebook hotkey software is from 2012 and wont work anymore. i found one but it was for lenovo and wouldnt install

on my order it just says:
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N130 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

but i couldn't see a hotkey software for intel.

can someone pls help?

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
I think that hotkey is for the chassis, not the wireless card. You should find the driver in the downloads section of the PCS website when you log in to your account. It's under the sub-heading chassis near the end. The driver in my section was updated on 22/04/2015 and I've had my laptop since January 2014 so your driver may also be updated.