Help: Display driver crashing but recovers

Maclennan

Hi

I have a NVIDIA GeFroce GTX 460 and whenever I am playing a game about 20 minutes in my screen goes black and my monitor says "No signal from PC" then is comes back up with an error message saying "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 258.98 has stopped responding and recovered".

Please help.

Last edited:

steaky360

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried updating your drivers? Or ensuring they are at the latest version for your card?

T

TheGeeza

Do you have geforce experience installed? If so I would try uninstalling it.
What are your temperatures like?

steaky360

Yes I have Geforce experience and I don't know the temperatures.

Might be worth checking the temps if you can, I think you can do it through experience from the LED section in 'my rig' - failing that something like HWMonitor will tell you.

Do you know if the 460 is on the 'latest' GeForce drivers or whether its no longer being updated? I ask because depending on the game you're playing the drivers you're using (if not the latest) might not be fully supported by the game you're playing.

steaky360

Well the last update I had was on the 18th of September 2014.

Well that's good, at least we now know the drivers are certainly up to date.

You could try to reinstall the drivers too - download them from GeForce.com and then perform a clean install (there's a little check box you need to tick during the installation process to do this). Might help.

Maclennan

I have done that but now I also have another problem, My computer says "No Audio Output Device is installed" but I have my Turtle beach x 12's plugged in and they were working fine yesterday.

Audio problem solved!

Thanks

Last edited:

Maclennan

Might be worth checking the temps if you can, I think you can do it through experience from the LED section in 'my rig' - failing that something like HWMonitor will tell you.

Do you know if the 460 is on the 'latest' GeForce drivers or whether its no longer being updated? I ask because depending on the game you're playing the drivers you're using (if not the latest) might not be fully supported by the game you're playing.

The LED section on NVIDIA geforce experience only works with GTX 690 and over.