Help For Upgrading My PC

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, everyone needs av, it's just that defendernis widely regarded as one of the best and is free.
I should clarify i meant don't need one as in a paid one (IE) F Secure, assumably because windows defender is now good enough to do the job in full. And it doesnt look like the images attached :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I should clarify i meant don't need one as in a paid one (IE) F Secure, assumably because windows defender is now good enough to do the job in full. And it doesnt look like the images attached :(
Defender is far better than F Secure and most paid options. But FSecure is poor and always has been, its very bad at preventing threats.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So i don't actually need an antivirus at all these days ???
As mentioned, Defender is generally the only AV you'll need. Nobody needs to pay for AV (or firewall) these days. In addition, Defender contains extensive intrusion and exploit protection and a decent anti-ransomware tool.
FN + Windows + PrtScn (finally decided to work) tbh i may be confused between my old PC and the new one
Perhaps you have an odd keyboard layout set? PrtScn and Alt+PrtScn work normally on my Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems....

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (3).jpg

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
I hope this time i have done it correctly, everything should be off and the chosen settings as required.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As mentioned, Defender is generally the only AV you'll need. Nobody needs to pay for AV (or firewall) these days. In addition, Defender contains extensive intrusion and exploit protection and a decent anti-ransomware tool.

Perhaps you have an odd keyboard layout set? PrtScn and Alt+PrtScn work normally on my Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems....
Work fine here as well although I normally use the snipping tool

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Hey i am going to guess it was a heavy night last night lol :ROFLMAO: but if your available and feeling ok, i was wondering if you wouldnt mind continuing the help.
Please and Thankyou.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
From this output you posted before we uninstalled stuff and ran the testing scenario what we can see is that there are quite a few hard faults on the RAM.

This would suggest that it's running out of memory and offloading to disk which would make sense to the symptoms.

When you're streaming, do you have all those apps open at the same time, ie Discord, Chrome, Media Player etc etc? Those will all be taking much needed resources from the PC. If you're gaming and streaming, you want as few other applications open as possible as they will impact performance.

If we balance that with this latest one, you can see there are zero hard faults. This is what we should be hoping for.

We can see the CPU is boosting to the correct clocks, so there's no performance impact from the CPU, and cooling is working well.

So I think what you need is another 16Gb RAM. BUT, your current RAM is extremely slow anyway, so for best performance it would be worth picking up a proper matched set of 2 x 16Gb 2933MHz (which is the max the board will support).

To explain what hard faults are, it's when you run out of RAM capacity, the system will shift what it can't put into RAM into the page file which is on the C drive. This is bad in any scenario as writing to the C drive which is governing both the OS and all the running applications is going to cause system bottlenecks where the writes are queued amongst all the other system writes.

It could possibly be that you need an RTX GPU as well for the better NVENC processing, but I would try the RAM upgrade first of all and then reevaluate.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
From this output you posted before we uninstalled stuff and ran the testing scenario what we can see is that there are quite a few hard faults on the RAM.

This would suggest that it's running out of memory and offloading to disk which would make sense to the symptoms.

When you're streaming, do you have all those apps open at the same time, ie Discord, Chrome, Media Player etc etc? Those will all be taking much needed resources from the PC. If you're gaming and streaming, you want as few other applications open as possible as they will impact performance.

If we balance that with this latest one, you can see there are zero hard faults. This is what we should be hoping for.

We can see the CPU is boosting to the correct clocks, so there's no performance impact from the CPU, and cooling is working well.

So I think what you need is another 16Gb RAM. BUT, your current RAM is extremely slow anyway, so for best performance it would be worth picking up a proper matched set of 2 x 16Gb 2933MHz (which is the max the board will support).

To explain what hard faults are, it's when you run out of RAM capacity, the system will shift what it can't put into RAM into the page file which is on the C drive. This is bad in any scenario as writing to the C drive which is governing both the OS and all the running applications is going to cause system bottlenecks where the writes are queued amongst all the other system writes.

It could possibly be that you need an RTX GPU as well for the better NVENC processing, but I would try the RAM upgrade first of all and then reevaluate.
Awesome do you have any links at all to the specific types of ram that will fit in my MOBO ?? I know that not all are compatible I also dont mind forking for 32GB ram once im done paying off my PC tower and Monitors, as said before it was all bought via Very.co.uk and i havent paid for it outright.
But once that has been done i can afford a good bit on decent ram.

Also I am pretty sure if I upgrade GPU I will need a better PSU 450 wont be enough i dont think.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Awesome do you have any links at all to the specific types of ram that will fit in my MOBO ?? I know that not all are compatible I also dont mind forking for 32GB ram once im done paying off my PC tower and Monitors, as said before it was all bought via Very.co.uk and i havent paid for it outright.
But once that has been done i can afford a good bit on decent ram.
If you go to the upgrades section of your account you can order ram through there.

Also I am pretty sure if I upgrade GPU I will need a better PSU 450 wont be enough i dont think.
Yes, the PC as it is can't support much in terms of upgrades, it's not designed for that, but as said, it's likely you wouldnt require a GPU upgrade anyway.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
If you go to the upgrades section of your account you can order ram through there.

Yes, the PC as it is can't support much in terms of upgrades, it's not designed for that, but as said, it's likely you wouldnt require a GPU upgrade anyway.

Is this any good the only other option was 2444 i think it was

32GB Ram.PNG

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I`d go as high as 2933 Mhz to be honest , as far as I know that is the highest supported speed of memory for that CPU .