Help! Laptop liquid cooling box seems to be missing accessories

DrozenB

Hello, my liquid cooling box seems to have come missing a power adaptor and my recoil 16' doesn't seem to have an input for the cable that comes from within the cooling box. I have double checked all boxes that came with my laptop and found nothing, also the cooling box came in with water already which is strange as I assumed it would be dry at first. What should I do? Am I missing something here? Pictures for referece

DrozenB

Update: I got confused reading the manual. The cooling box apparently does not need its own charger, you connect the computer's charger to it and then its DC cable to the computer. I have done this but my laptop is not charging for some reason

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There's another report of similar, not charging with the water cooler in line
To @DrozenB the other thread is here

I think you'd need to contact PCS and see if they've got any pointers

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@DrozenB If you get a response, would you be able to feed back to us so that we know for future users? Potential issue given that it's happening to 2 people so would be good to know if there's an easy solution that we can suggest, or even just notify to get directly in touch with PCS going forward :)

DrozenB

@DrozenB If you get a response, would you be able to feed back to us so that we know for future users? Potential issue given that it's happening to 2 people so would be good to know if there's an easy solution that we can suggest, or even just notify to get directly in touch with PCS going forward :)
Sure! Mine is charging normally without the water cooler though, so it seems to be a cooling box only problem. I have sent PCS a message through tech support section and will drop them another email today to see what they recommend. I think I would be fine if they sent me another charging cable since both machines are working normally, the cooler just doesn't transfer energy to the laptop through its own DC cable.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah if that's the case it sounds like a different scenario. Good to have the info though so appreciated.

My initial thought was that perhaps the PSU wasn't strong enough to power both at the same time :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My initial thought was that perhaps the PSU wasn't strong enough to power both at the same time :)
Yeah that would make sense, will definitely be interesting to hear what PCS have to say, I mean if it does turn out to be a problem solely with the PSU, an RMA on that alone is far better than having to RMA the whole bundle

DrozenB

Yeah that would make sense, will definitely be interesting to hear what PCS have to say, I mean if it does turn out to be a problem solely with the PSU, an RMA on that alone is far better than having to RMA the whole bundle
Is there any way for me to test that? Like limiting the performance of my laptop? I stilll haven't gotten anything back from PCS, but I already drained the cooling box because I expect them to want me to mail it to them

DrozenB

PCS emailed me back, they are going to send me a new cooling box and I have to send the faulty one back to them