Help with a gaming PC

Large Steve

Hello there, I am looking to buy a gaming PC in the near future but don't really know what I need.

The sort of games that I want to play are Shogun 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 6, the latest Civ and basically most of the latest strategy games.

I don't really know what sort of budget I have/need as of yet thats why I thought I'd come here and get some ideas of price for what I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
This one comes in at £998, its just the tower.

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE A good case, I would ensure you choose a good case, ya dont wanna get a ace spec an let it down with poor cooling, good cooling helps everything work properly and live longer.

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics Great cpu, will handle any thing you throw at it.

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX This is fine for your needs, however, if you wanted to add another graphics card(sli or Crossfire,not need for the games your playing) in the future you will need to up the to p8z68 v gen 3 board.

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB) good amount and future proof

Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready Perfect, you could go lower, but this will play any game easily with good frames per second.

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm) expansive at the moment thanks to the flooding in thailand, but these are very very good. I have one :)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72) always stick with a corsair brand, good reliability and energy usage.

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19) this will cool your cpu enough for a good price,

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) no need for sound card, unless you have a top notch sound system you want to connect to,

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs Do you need wireless?

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5) A must, don't forget this.

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity 1