Help with configuration

maha

Silver Level Poster
@CraigBarrett215
This laptop cooler is not sold anymore (at least 3 years), it even seems that Avantek has changed to a ring bells maker.
Here are some reviews available on internet:
and more
Klim is never in these lists

CraigBarrett215

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks. I've looked at a couple (and have seen several other similar "Top N cooling pads" articles). They all seem to recommend more or less the same ones. The one I'm currently trying out is the Teknet-branded one that appears in the reviews as the Havit HV-2056. It manages to keep the bottom of the laptop relatively cool when the laptop is under load, but otherwise has no effect - the CPU, GPU, SSD and top surface temperatures are unaffected. I've tried having the laptop in various positions on it and I can't find a position that is useful for assisting with internal temperatures.

CinnamonCakes

Silver Level Poster
Unfortunately that brand isn't available in the UK as far as I can tell. Amazon has one, but it's shipped from the US, so costs a lot. I've tried a Klim with 2 large fans, but it provided no cooling at all. I've also got a Teknet with 3 fans, but it's badly designed - two fans towards the front of the laptop, away from the intake vents. Still, it manages to provide about half a degree of cooling, which makes it infinitely superior to the Klim. I'd like to try others, but it's a hassle to keep ordering from Amazon only to have to send them back.
the thermaltake massive is somewhat expensive but its pretty good at its job.