Help with Corsair link

Hello fellow members of the forum.

I just recently brought a desktop with a H80I cooler installed onto it. I'm trying to get Corsair link to work so I can change the colour as well as the speed of the fans for my CPU. I'm not too sure whats the problem but it doesn't seem like Corsair Link software is detecting my H80I. I did some research and Im still not really sure but do I need a some sort of USB cable for the H80i to use Corsair Link?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'm not sure, i head a while back that people had problems with it. But that was a good few years ago, so i'd expect those issues would have been ironed out by now. Have you tried contacting corsair?

sanj

Hi,the H80i doe's require the supplied cable to be fitted from the main pump/unit to a available usb header,this should have been done by one of our builder's as it's the essential bit in order to get the corsair link software working.Did you by any chance speak to one of our call centre guy's this afternoon?

Yh I range them today and they are sending it. There is also a problem with the CPU producing too much heat. At IDLE it is at 40-60*c but when I'm performing heavy duty task such as playing CIV or installing a game like RIFT it goes up to 100. hen playing CIV 5 it is constantly running at 90-100c.

Note: The cpu is core i5 4690k OC'ed at 3.90GHZ