Help with Docking Station

Jdenson97

Hi. I have 3 laptops currently. My work laptop. Gaming laptop(Asus Rog Strix) and Macbook Pro M3 Max 14 inch. I'm wanting to use the same peripherals for all 3 devices without having to plug and unplug so I'm looking at a docking station such as the Anker one listed below on a black Friday deal. However my monitors are the LG one listed below. Would it be possible to connect these though the docking station and still get the 144HZ refresh rate I'm paying for as I want to game though my asus.
Regards James

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125_212441_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231125_212441_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20231125_213004_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231125_213004_Chrome.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 55

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi. I have 3 laptops currently. My work laptop. Gaming laptop(Asus Rog Strix) and Macbook Pro M3 Max 14 inch. I'm wanting to use the same peripherals for all 3 devices without having to plug and unplug so I'm looking at a docking station such as the Anker one listed below on a black Friday deal. However my monitors are the LG one listed below. Would it be possible to connect these though the docking station and still get the 144HZ refresh rate I'm paying for as I want to game though my asus.
Regards James
Is the work laptop a PCS system? We can only advise for PCS systems, you may need an open forum like toms hardware.

Have you got a link to the dock and the monitor? Always better to provide links, you can't do anything with an image.

But most docks don't support high refresh, usually only 60Hz

Last edited:

Jdenson97

The 2 monitors are these. Not sure if I should downgrade a 60hz monitor if it’s all I can do with a docking station. The hastle of unplugging and plugging in peripherals every time I switch over is possibly not worth the extra display frame rate. The only PC game I really play is Football Manager

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 2 monitors are these. Not sure if I should downgrade a 60hz monitor if it’s all I can do with a docking station. The hastle of unplugging and plugging in peripherals every time I switch over is possibly not worth the extra display frame rate. The only PC game I really play is Football Manager
And is the work laptop a PCS laptop?