Help with gtx 1050 ti vs gtx 1060

jukiz

I need help to find the right computer for me, im looking into these two below. It is the same specc on both the only differ is the graphic cards. Im thinking 1050 ti is really enough for the gaming i prefer. Why I would like a 1060 card is because upcoming vr games that i might find interesing. Feels like if you invest today in a computer for years you would like it to be vr ready.

But the prices difference is 400 dollars wich is quite a lot. Is there any way i can get the 1060 gtx card cheaper than this? do you recommend me getting the 1060 for 400 dollar more over the 1050 ti ?

Thanks

1050 ti.png1060.png

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Choice of gpu depends on you. You won't be able to upgrade the gpu on a laptop, I would suggest going with the best gpu you can afford. You can make it cheaper by dropping the ssd and adding one later on.

rav007

Enthusiast
Of the $400 difference, I would say maybe $200 at best is the graphics card. The other 200 or more is the laptop itself. Consider these differences:

Optimus vs Defiance
1 SATA 2.5" limited to 7mm, vs 2 2.5" ports that can take 2x 7mm or 1x 9.5mm.
4 USB ports (1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0 and 1x 3.1 type C) vs 5 USB ports (3x USB 3.0 and 2x 3.1 type C)
2 RAM slots vs 4
1 cooling fan vs 3 * --- The old optimus had 1 cooling fan so this will need checking.
Single colour keyboard backlight vs RGB

All whilst remembering that 378mm x 267mm x 24.9mm at 2.5kg optimus and 378mm x 267mm x 24.9mm at 2.5kg Defiance are practically the same size laptop in terms of footprint, thickness and therefore volume!

So your question really is are you willing to spend the $400 not only a better GPU, but also a better laptop with more future upgrade-ability? I think the difference in price is justified personally, I chose the Defiance and if you have the means, I would say do the same. Also with both laptops, I strongly advise the Gold warranty.

Last edited:

jukiz

Alrght thanks for answers, about to order the defiance now :). Another following question now is that they say i can purchase this computer exlusive of moms, i live in sweden. how does that work?

jukiz

its VAT sorry.

Its translated like this. Orders can be purchased exclusive of Moms if you can provide your valid European Moms number which matches the company name and delivery address for the order. Click here to enter your Moms number for validation.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
do you recommend me getting the 1060 for 400 dollar more over the 1050 ti ?
While this has basically been answered for you, if you want to see some numbers to help justify the expensive you can check out notebookcheck's table of game benches: http://tinyurl.com/jzajpj9

Another following question now is that they say i can purchase this computer exlusive of moms, i live in sweden. how does that work?

its VAT sorry.

Its translated like this. Orders can be purchased exclusive of Moms if you can provide your valid European Moms number which matches the company name and delivery address for the order. Click here to enter your Moms number for validation.
I believe this is for people who are buying hardware as a business. In the UK ther'es this, I assume there's something similar in other EU countries: https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration/purchases-made-before-registration