Help with MFS2020 spec

shaunpomfrett

Hi all

Flightsim launched as we all know and my friend has had a go on my machine and it’s pushed him to want a custom PC of his own so I said I’ll get some second opinions before clicking he clicks the buy button.

budget is around 1200 All in and the case needs to be kept small due to space. Main use will be MFS2020 and will be on a 1080p monitor

Any help/advice and recommendations is appreciated

thank you in advance

My first impression is that you're spending too much on RAM. Flight Sim can take advantage of more than 16GB on max settings, however the GPU you've chosen isn't really powerful enough for that, so you'll gain more from reducing the RAM and upgrading the GPU.

Switch the RAM to '16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)' and change the GPU to '6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!'

Changing those two parts reduces the build cost to £1,202 and should give better performance in the game.

If you're willing to spend a small amount more, change the storage from a SATA SSD, to an M.2 SSD Drive. If you choose '1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)' then the overall cost is increased to £1,224. The M.2 drive should make the PC a bit snappier overall.

EDIT: you might need a higher rated power supply than 350W also. Hopefully someone with more knowledge in this area can recommend the right one for the build.

Last edited: