Help with Monitor

Andy78

Greetings.

Currently waiting for my PC as in production stage. Sadly my current 1080p AOC monitor has started disfigured itself near the bottom side of the screen. Tried different ports and devices and no change.
So I am looking to replace this monitor before arrival of new pc. I will be running on a 6750XT with a 7800X3D. So just want to run on 1080p and a decent refresh rate until I upgrade the GPU and a matching 1440p monitor down the line.

Was looking at this

MSI Optix G2412 Full HD 23.8" IPS Gaming Monitor - Black​

Currently decent price £189 at curry's as I was looking to use up gift card for here.
Dont want to spend to much as only 1080p gaming for now, so looking to sell this further down line or keep a a second monitor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 6750XT would be wasted on 1080p, any modern system, 1080p is basically a no no, it's incredibly poor quality and almost all modern GPUs suit a minimum of 1440p

I would strongly suggest a decent entry level 1440p

What's your max budget?

Andy78

For 1440p it would need to be IPS panel with the amd freesync. I can go for a 144hzat least. I could maybe stretch too £300 if from currys as I have £70 worth of vouchers, however I looked here before and a lot of out of stock 1440p monitors.
Something reliable as I'm easily put off with monitor failures such as my last AOC

Any guidance is much appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For 1440p it would need to be IPS panel with the amd freesync. I can go for a 144hzat least. I could maybe stretch too £300 if from currys as I have £70 worth of vouchers, however I looked here before and a lot of out of stock 1440p monitors.
Something reliable as I'm easily put off with monitor failures such as my last AOC

Any guidance is much appreciated.
This is a very capable one from LG, 1440p, full IPS, GSync Compatible which means it's Freesync that NVidia have warranted is good enough for them to sanction with their name

LG monitors are generally excellent, they can pack a lot more tech in for the budget because they (along with samsung) are pretty much the only companies that actually produce the panels, everyone else buys their panels and puts their own touches on them.

£300 from Currys

Last edited:

Andy78

Andy78

Darn tried to pull the plug, but yet another item out of stock. If any other worthy monitors you would recommend from their? I just dont have much knowledge into gaming monitors, and i dont want to purchase for the sake of buying.

My build is in now building stage

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Darn tried to pull the plug, but yet another item out of stock. If any other worthy monitors you would recommend from their? I just dont have much knowledge into gaming monitors, and i dont want to purchase for the sake of buying.

My build is in now building stage
There is another just a fraction over budget at £330 but it's a very good monitor indeed

It's full GSync (which works fine on either AMD or nVidia cards), and Quantum Dot IPS which is the best IPS type you can get, it's extremely good value for the price.

Andy78

There is another just a fraction over budget at £330 but it's a very good monitor indeed

It's full GSync (which works fine on either AMD or nVidia cards), and Quantum Dot IPS which is the best IPS type you can get, it's extremely good value for the price.

I will have a look. Would you take out the care and repair package with currys or just with the guarantee that comes with?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I will have a look. Would you take out the care and repair package with currys or just with the guarantee that comes with?
From my personal experience, Curry's warranty isn't great.

It comes with a 3 year manufacturer warranty, if anything is likely to go wrong with it, it's normally straight out of the box or within the first year.

I'd say don't worry about an additional warranty personally. I've only had issues with one Dell monitor about a decade ago, but it was old by that point so expected. Otherwise, I tend to give them away when I upgrade as they're always fine and still working.

Andy78

From my personal experience, Curry's warranty isn't great.

It comes with a 3 year manufacturer warranty, if anything is likely to go wrong with it, it's normally straight out of the box or within the first year.

I'd say don't worry about an additional warranty personally. I've only had issues with one Dell monitor about a decade ago, but it was old by that point so expected. Otherwise, I tend to give them away when I upgrade as they're always fine and still working.
Went for the trigger on this one. I think this will be a good entry into 1440p gaming.

Thanks again.