Help

Barney8724

My sons Xmas prezzy won't connect to internet.......I would have thought it automatically comes wireless....can anyone help me........thanx

Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Assuming it's a desktop You will need a PCI or PCI-E wireless card to connect wirelessly,or alternatively homeplugs or a USB wireless adaptor.The LAN port is only for connecting a wired ethernet cable.

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Can you post the full spec? If you did not upgrade to a wireless card then you probably don't have built in wireless, some motherboards have it but i doubt you have it selected.

If its anywhere near the router you can connect to the router with an Ethernet cable, you should have got at least 1 with the router. If not, as others have said, get a wireless USB dongle from the supermarket or pretty much any other highstreet electrical store.

Once you post the full specs we can tell you if you just need to maybe install drivers or something.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Sadly, from the copy and paste above, you have not selected a Wireless card from the drop down options, you still do have an Ethernet port on the rear of the PC and can use a cable from your Router in order to get on the Internet.