Help!!!

KaneMac

Enthusiast
I have always used anti virus and anti maleware. i had an issue on my pc, call a tech who took over my pc and told me my pc it rife with virus and its in my whole house system, what do i do?

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
You would have to diagnose what the virus is.

Run your anti-virus and perform a full in-depth scan.

MalwareBytes is also great.

Last edited:

mishra

Rising Star
What sort of a "tech" that was? I had a lady ringing my office the other day saying she typed AVG support in Google and she contacted first link which turned to be Guruaid website. They simply scam you into thinking you have bazilions of viruses and the only way to get it fixed is by paying them money.

Are you sure you have viruses on your PC? As Nathanjrb suggested, first do your own full system scan, you can also install malwarebytes and perform a full scan using that - it's great software.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As mishra says, who were these tech guys? Do you know them or did you find them on google. If you found them on google, then install malwarebytes and to a full system scan. Those "support" companies are fishing companies that install remote access software so they can gain access and then install keyloggers and trojans that capture passwords and internet histories, before you know it, your identity has been stolen.