Help

spareno1

Im new to pcs and i jus got my rig i have a i5 2500k proccesor and i used the asus suite II and used the turnbo auto tuning to overclock i think my processor correct me if im wrong if this is the right way to do it ?
it got autotuned to extreme at 4532 mhz does that mean i have overclocked it ? or no ? if not please let me know how to do it im sorry if i sound like a noob just dont know much
thanks in advance

just in case you want to know the neccecary specs

8 gb kingston ram
i5 2500k
msi gtx 580

I am using a stock intel cpu cooler but by the way i have a thermaltake case with 3 120mm fans running on full speed would that help the temprature ? there is no heat in my pc its ultra cool and cold i have the fans runnin at full speed so generally i would of thought maybe it may be a problem but as ive sed the pc temprature is very cool no signs of heat do i still have a problem ?

Matt

Bright Spark
Im new to pcs and i jus got my rig i have a i5 2500k proccesor and i used the asus suite II and used the turnbo auto tuning to overclock i think my processor correct me if im wrong if this is the right way to do it ?
it got autotuned to extreme at 4532 mhz does that mean i have overclocked it ? or no ? if not please let me know how to do it im sorry if i sound like a noob just dont know much
thanks in advance

just in case you want to know the neccecary specs

8 gb kingston ram
i5 2500k
msi gtx 580

I am using a stock intel cpu cooler but by the way i have a thermaltake case with 3 120mm fans running on full speed would that help the temprature ? there is no heat in my pc its ultra cool and cold i have the fans runnin at full speed so generally i would of thought maybe it may be a problem but as ive sed the pc temprature is very cool no signs of heat do i still have a problem ?

Youre normally good up to around 4ghz on the stock intel cooler. I would avoid using the asus suite extreme, on mine that bumps the cpu vcore up much farther than is needed. Your chip will most likely do 4ghz on stock volts. Go into advanced mode, and change the turbo multiplier to 40 save and exit.

Then just run some stability tests like IBT or prime.