HFS plus HD format

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
I don't really know where to post this question...

I have a large bank of photos on an external drive, sadly formatted as HFS plus as I am a current/previous mac user. I want to get these on to my desktop (a new PCS build if that helps?) but I am under the impression that windows cannot read this format. I also believe that there are software packages that help windows to read HFS plus. Can anybody recommend such a package? I dare not plug the HD into the PC for fear of it formatting the drive. Any help on this would be appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't really know where to post this question...

I have a large bank of photos on an external drive, sadly formatted as HFS plus as I am a current/previous mac user. I want to get these on to my desktop (a new PCS build if that helps?) but I am under the impression that windows cannot read this format. I also believe that there are software packages that help windows to read HFS plus. Can anybody recommend such a package? I dare not plug the HD into the PC for fear of it formatting the drive. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Do you not still have a mac?

You don't want to plug that into a PC as yes, it will try to overwrite it all.

The easiest way would be to attach it to a mac and then copy off the data onto a USB and transfer the files onto your new PC.

If you don't have a mac, there is Paragon HFS+ from here, Paragon are a good reliable company, been around for ages:

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Thanks Spyder, great advice as ever. I do still have a mac but we're talking nearly 1tb of photos so i'm trying to find the most simple solution. I will try Paragon. I still plan to use my mac as my portable hardware, so that may work a treat. Thanks again.