Hi all - new member remember, its only a game!

Hi all,

new member to the forums, i have posted a little bit. Like sport, films, gadgets, photography (and editing).

after ten years decided to upgrade my old pc and ended up here.

Im a bit out of date when it comes to pc's, know the basics but not all the latest things that come with pc knowledge these days. When I did my A'Level computing they didnt even have the internet in school's!

Spuff

Expert
Hello.
It was a bit daunting to me at first after not having configured a PC before, but you'll quickly get a handle on it.
One of the things that bumps up the cost of a lot of the systems being bought here is the GPU (Graphics card), but if you are not gaming you may not need anything more than the CPU integrated graphics (the latest CPU's have built-in graphics capability).
You can post the specs of a potential system by clicking proceed from the configurator and then down the bottom of the next page there is a post to forum option.

Seven

Hi.

I'm similar to you. My old PC has been on its last legs for a while but is now shutting down with serious system errors.

I'd recommend that you look at each component and do your research. Be clear before you start about what you will be using your system for and also ask for help. I have learnt so much just from reading the threads here.