Hi Can you guys help

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Hi everyone :)

After owning consoles for last few years I've decided to go PC only and mainly for gaming at top graphics etc
I'd also want to use my 4k TV as don't currently own a monitor and would want to use in the living room anyway.

Have I messed up anywhere in this build?

Case
COOLERMASTER K350 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6600K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® Z170-P: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 - DVI, HDMI, 3x DP - GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk
120GB SAMSUNG 750 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Apache Black Quiet Fan (fitted to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH
Quantity

Thanks guys :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Looks decent. The PSU is way more than you need especially without SLI being an option, but the quality of that model may be enough justification on its own.

The K350 appears to only have 1 fan preinstalled. You might consider the Inwin GT1 (also £39, 3 fans) or the Inwin 703 (£49, also 3 fans). Cheaper than buying more fans.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Looks decent. The PSU is way more than you need especially without SLI being an option, but the quality of that model may be enough justification on its own.

The K350 appears to only have 1 fan preinstalled. You might consider the Inwin GT1 (also £39, 3 fans) or the Inwin 703 (£49, also 3 fans). Cheaper than buying more fans.

Thanks the Inwin looks good.

Will this motherboard allow me to SLI later down the line if need be?
I'm quite rusty on PC specs these days :sweatdrop:

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
I don't believe it does, you would need the ASUS® Z170-E (or above) - if you want to stick with an ASUS board.

OK thanks updated to the one you stated...I'm not sure what's best as quite complicated lol

Can I just hook the pc up to my TV via HDMI and will work same as a monitor?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Pretty much. Some TVs even have a gaming mode, or an HDMI port that is designated for PC input (the others probably work too just fine, I think it just adapts how it shows the image). Consult your manual :)

If you are going to be gaming at 4k and you think you might have the funds further down the line to buy another GTX 1080, you may want to get a motherboard that supports SLI as a single GTX 1080 will struggle with some games at the highest settings at 4k, and that will only become more the case as newer and more demanding games get released.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Pretty much. Some TVs even have a gaming mode, or an HDMI port that is designated for PC input (the others probably work too just fine, I think it just adapts how it shows the image). Consult your manual :)

If you are going to be gaming at 4k and you think you might have the funds further down the line to buy another GTX 1080, you may want to get a motherboard that supports SLI as a single GTX 1080 will struggle with some games at the highest settings at 4k, and that will only become more the case as newer and more demanding games get released.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Sorry to be a pain but thoughts???

Hi

Still trying to get this PC stuff clear in my head and wondering thoughts on this build?
Anything thing thats way OTT for my needs?

I will want to be mainly gaming at top settings for awhile and likely 4K res if possible
Thanks

Case
InWIN GT1 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® Z170-E: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB Kit)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk
120GB SAMSUNG 750 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Apache Black Quiet Fan (fitted to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
if it is related to your previous thread, it would be better to stick to one to avoid others giving you the same comments as before.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would personally lower the cooler to the noctua, no need for watercooling unless doing extreme overclocking. Noctua will manage a healthy overclock and is much quieter.

You're set for SLI when you need it, 850w should be ample, you'll need to after a while to maintain 4k res.

Otherwise, looks good.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
I would personally lower the cooler to the noctua, no need for watercooling unless doing extreme overclocking. Noctua will manage a healthy overclock and is much quieter.

You're set for SLI when you need it, 850w should be ample, you'll need to after a while to maintain 4k res.

Otherwise, looks good.

Thanks Ill change the cooler now :)

Will the pc run well on a 4k monitor even if you lower it to say 1080p or something in games?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks Ill change the cooler now :)

Will the pc run well on a 4k monitor even if you lower it to say 1080p or something in games?

It would be very blurry if you lowered to 1080p, maybe 1440p but it's not ideal, better to reduce settings at 4k.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
It would be very blurry if you lowered to 1080p, maybe 1440p but it's not ideal, better to reduce settings at 4k.

Would you recommend getting a 4k screen (with the specs I have above) and lower settings in games or just getting a good standard monitor and keeping them 1080p or above??

Also did you mean the Noctua NH-D15S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler?? It's £69 I think

Sorry for these noob questions lol

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would you recommend getting a 4k screen (with the specs I have above) and lower settings in games or just getting a good standard monitor and keeping them 1080p or above??

Sorry for these noob questions lol

I've got a gtx1080 and a 4K monitor and I play everything maxed out but with anti aliasing turned off (don't really need it at 4K), and everything plays around 60fps, rise of the tomb raider, witcher 3 being a bit lower but not so its a problem.

I would say the the gtx1080 will be good on its own for a year or so before settings need to be dialled down, or you go sli which would be ample until your next upgrade.

1080p is wasted on a gtx1080, 1440p should be the minimum.

If you're set on high frame rates, then go for a 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor. If you're ok with 60fps, go 4K.