Hi Folks, I am considering this build as a gaming PC, any thoughts would be appreciated as I'm no expert Thanks :)

Rainingmonkfish

This was my quote so far, using solely for gaming, steam titles etc, and iRacing with my OSW Sim rig.
I was intending on running the most played games on the 2tb SSD and other less intensive or less played titles on the HDD, also moving from the SSD when finished etc. Thanks for any thoughts or advice :)

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Total War: Three Kingdoms & More w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Wolfenstein: Young Blood with select NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs!
1st Storage Drive
2TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
6TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Intel Optane Memory
16GB INTEL® OPTANE MEMORY - USE WITH MECHANICAL HDD
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans
3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days
Promotional Item
Get Wolfenstein: Young Blood with select NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd suggest holding off a few weeks then, specifically for AMD's announced Zen 2 CPUs to go on sale from 7th July. These may match or beat Intel's for gaming performance, and being with them new features like PCIe 4.0 on the new 500 series motherboards e.g. supporting faster SSDs.

Also, Nvidia are expected to release refreshed GPUs in mid July as a response / preemptive strike vs AMD's Navi GPUs. We're not expecting a refreshed 2080 ti yet but it's possible.

Obviously new tech comes out all the time and with the GPUs you could take it or leave it, but the new CPUs and motherboards are a big deal and I'd strongly suggest waiting to see what's what with those before making a ~£3k purchase :)

Rainingmonkfish

Many Thanks Oussebon, that’s interesting news, and that’s great advice, I will indeed wait, keep the old i5 and 1080 going a bit longer. I wonder how long it would take before an opinion if formed regarding the new Zen and 500 motherboards ? Many Thanks 👍😊

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Well they go on sale 7th July, and reviews usually come out the same day or maybe before (depends when AMD have set the NDA to lift). It shouldn't be a rushed launch as Zen 2 has been coming for a while. So reviewers should have had time to do their work. I expect we should have a pretty good sense of how things stand on 7th July tbh.

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
Hiya,
Im spending about £3200, its not urgent and gaming on 4k monitors and a 50" 4K TV
Might I suggest a small change? You've picked the Coolmaster h500 case, then paid an extra £57 for 3x corsair LL120 RGB fans & controller, but if you simply select the Corsair Obsidian 500D SE case, it actually comes with the controller kit and 3x RGB fans as standard. Obviously when it comes to case, it's usually a matter of personal preference on the aesthetics, but if you like both, it's only an extra £21 for the corsair case so you'll save some money overall.

Rainingmonkfish

Might I suggest a small change? You've picked the Coolmaster h500 case, then paid an extra £57 for 3x corsair LL120 RGB fans & controller, but if you simply select the Corsair Obsidian 500D SE case, it actually comes with the controller kit and 3x RGB fans as standard. Obviously when it comes to case, it's usually a matter of personal preference on the aesthetics, but if you like both, it's only an extra £21 for the corsair case so you'll save some money overall.
Many thanks for your reply, and the excellent advice, I will indeed take a look at that case and check out some reviews.
Much appreciated, Best Wishes :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's a good case, and the suggestion of getting a better case rather than a cheaper one and buying extra fans is a very good one for a lot of situations, not just this one.

I'd probably suggest fine-tuning the build only when the new hardware is out. Mainly because PCS change their offerings quite suddenly, so you might decide the 500 SE is your top choice only to find they don't stock it any more. Or it's out of stock for a month and you don't want to wait, or mess around sending in your own case.

Or they could stock a new, different case that you instantly decide you want :)

Same applies to SSD choice etc. PCS's component selections can change at any time.