Hi guys, i need a little help

motley

I have an 860cu or 870cu i cant remember without checking back papaerwork

i7-820
8gb ram
GTX 460
17"

Anyway i will be upgrading here in the next 2-3 months

If i were to put a new drive in it and do a fresh install (i have some high end ssd's in it at the moment)

What is a fair price to sell it for? i paid £1300 approx about 2 years back for the chassis, 460 and cpu, and i know i wont get anything like that.

there isnt anything wrong with it, i run a pc shop and every month or so air is blown through the vents so its never got too hot.

I guess the only thing that is slightly annoying is the mouse touchpad had gotten really shiny after 2 year of wow playing.

My dilemma is if i put it the shop amongst the new laptops we sell it would be dated and a little behind some spec wise. But its such a different beast only a person like us on here appreciate it

Would £700-800 be fair? i need to get this sold, i have been working out some quotes on here and plan to treat myself very soon

cheers for reading and any help

Last edited:

Yamikotai

Expert
I have an 860cu or 870cu i cant remember without checking back papaerwork

i7-820
8gb ram
GTX 460
17"

Anyway i will be upgrading here in the next 2-3 months

If i were to put a new drive in it and do a fresh install (i have some high end ssd's in it at the moment)

What is a fair price to sell it for? i paid £1300 approx about 2 years back for the chassis, 460 and cpu, and i know i wont get anything like that.

there isnt anything wrong with it, i run a pc shop and every month or so air is blown through the vents so its never got too hot.

I guess the only thing that is slightly annoying is the mouse touchpad had gotten really shiny after 2 year of wow playing.

My dilemma is if i put it the shop amongst the new laptops we sell it would be dated and a little behind some spec wise. But its such a different beast only a person like us on here appreciate it

Would £700-800 be fair? i need to get this sold, i have been working out some quotes on here and plan to treat myself very soon

cheers for reading and any help

If you were to sell it to someone who knows tech, I doubt you'd get more than £600-700 for it. But if you sell it to the right person you could probably get at least £800 for it.

Agito

Silver Level Poster
Dunno, I just ran the numbers of a new Optimus III and for £840 I've got a machine of quite a bit higher end in comparison. Obviously, for someone who knows nothing about laptops you could sell a donkey and tell them it has 16GB of RAM so if you get the right buyer, go for the £800.

Also, playing games with the touch pad? Damn, mate.

motley

Dunno, I just ran the numbers of a new Optimus III and for £840 I've got a machine of quite a bit higher end in comparison. Obviously, for someone who knows nothing about laptops you could sell a donkey and tell them it has 16GB of RAM so if you get the right buyer, go for the £800.

Also, playing games with the touch pad? Damn, mate.

:) you can blame the wife for that. with 3 kids, she doesnt like me hidden away on a desk somewhere. I usually end up on a sofa