Hi , Guys New Member Here Looking For Advice And Stuff !

PeterW

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Everyone ,
I have to confess to not having a technical bone in my body , I've joined the PCS Forum to gain some knowledge and to find out which specs will suit my needs - my name is Peter , and I live in NW Scotland .
My questions will follow !

Stephen M

Author Level
Hi, welcome along, I am sure you will find some helpful advice here, they have certainly educated me.

PeterW

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you for the welcome , Stephen , I have noticed during these past couple of days that you are one of the more helpful people on here - I look forward to chatting about CPUs and GPUs and all that other stuff I am not quite sure of yet with you soon .
My main interest is Photography and Films as far as my computer is concerned , my main interest in Life are Books and my Family of course !

Stephen M

Author Level
Be glad to, especially if it is a laptop. If it is a desk top I am not up on motherboards, cases and stuff but CPU and GPU are fine.

PeterW

Bronze Level Poster
Yes , it is a laptop , preferably a 17.3" one , either a little higher or lower of £1000 - I've seen the Octane and the Defiance on Youtube , I like the look of the Octane a lot but I fear it will be beyond my means unless I carry on saving .

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Which part of the Forum do I go to discuss Specs and Laptops ?

Check this spec is probably the best place but even if it is not the right one a moderator will move it for you to a more appropriate place.

Stephen M

Author Level
The Octane is a great machine, I have the old version but it would involve a bit of saving or bank robbery :)

PeterW

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks George , Keynes and Stephen - right , I'm off to buy a new pair of ladies' tights first thing in the morning , anyone care to share the other leg , you could hold the shotgun or the bag , the choice is yours .

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Welcome Peter! :)

You've already posted you budget, so if you also post what you want to use the PC for someone will put a build together for you. Keynes is particularly good at that. :)

You can then chat about what bits you might want to change etc.