Hi i need help with my sons gaming pc .

shaun1102

Hi all

Hope I can get some help on here , my son has recently been bought a gaming pc for his birthday , the first game we have purchased is skyrim v . the game works well on low graphics but not so well on medium and on high is unplayable , these are the in game settings . my computer specs are processor 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5-4460
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded

main processor
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85-HD3
Serial Number: CM024022-004
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

memory modules
8086 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'ChannelB-DIMM1' has 8192 MB

my display
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 [Display adapter]
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 [Display adapter]
Samsung S27E390 [Monitor] (27.2"vis, s/n 808728889, June 2015

Also when I am on the desktop and right click and try to click on NVidia control panel , it comes up with the message ,NVidia display settings are not available ,you are not currently using a display attached to an NVidia gpu , I am using a hdmi cable if this helps .

your help would be much appreciated in this matter .

many thanks shaun .

Rakk

The Awesome
Also when I am on the desktop and right click and try to click on NVidia control panel , it comes up with the message ,NVidia display settings are not available ,you are not currently using a display attached to an NVidia gpu , I am using a hdmi cable if this helps .

At a very rough guess it sort of sounds like you may have plugged the HDMI cable from the monitor into the motherboard and not into the graphics card, if you could check and see where it is plugged in, and if it is indeed plugged into the motherboard, change it to be plugged into the graphics card instead (fyi: the monitor should not be plugged into both)

shaun1102

At a very rough guess it sort of sounds like you may have plugged the HDMI cable from the monitor into the motherboard and not into the graphics card, if you could check and see where it is plugged in, and if it is indeed plugged into the motherboard, change it to be plugged into the graphics card instead (fyi: the monitor should not be plugged into both)

Ty rakk
This has worked perfectly ,just found it on Google before I seen your reply ,seems fairly straight forward now it's done but it has caused me three days of frustration , wish I had posted straight away and once again ty again .
Shaun.