Hi Just need some advice on motherboards please.

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
Hi i was stuck on what motherboard to buy. Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula or the hero version. Im not planning on watercooling my pc. only a watercooled cpu cooler.thanks

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Neither, just for gaming a cheaper one will do. If you need SLI just make sure it is SLI capable

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
NZXT NOCTIS 450 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK/RED)Overclocked CPUOverclocked Intel® Core™i7-7700k Quad Core (4.20GHz @ up to 4.8GHz)MotherboardASUS® ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready!Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)Graphics Card11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!1st Hard Disk500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIREDPower SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIETPower Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)Processor CoolingCorsair H100i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet FansThermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUNDLED Lighting50cm RGB LED Strip

THIS IS MY BUILD COULD YOU HELP ME WHAT MOTHEBOARD TO BUY PLEASE. REALLY UNSURE MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Personally I would get the Z270E motherboard, which is already very expensive and stuffed full of features (USB 3.1, two M.2 slots, RGB lighting, bonus wifi, and it's a capable overclocking mobo).

Reviews of the Z270E:
https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Mothe...ng-Launch-Preview/Overclocking-and-Conclusion
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_strix_z270e_and_z270f_review_comparison/20

Some of the main features of the Hero and Formula are for LN2 overclocking. And you're not overclocking with liquid nitrogen :) It's just a good AIO water cooler.

You can do a side-by-side comparison of the Z270E and the Hero on the Asus website and see what I mean.

Nice build by the way. Aesthetic choices aside I wouldn't change thing. I would just get the above with the Z270E.