Hi there!

Hey.

Since I've had enough of trying to play games on my Sony Vaio laptop, I decided to get a decent, cheap gaming PC. I was determined to try and choose the parts myself since I want to learn. I choose PCS since I didn't want to build it myself yet and they seemed to be the quickest with delivery. My order is still in the processing stage but as long as I have it within 2 weeks, I'm not going to complain.

Anyways, may as well post the specs of my budget-average computer. Please don't tell me it's terrible. Haha.

Thanks!

COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8H67-M: M-ATX, DDR3, USB 2.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 250GB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling INTEL SOCKET LGA1155 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Keyboard & Mouse LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£10)

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Specs don't look too bad, though I'd have probably gone for a slighter better hard drive :)
And yeah, hopefully you'll have it soon, though remember the time scales are just estimates.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Specs don't look too bad, though I'd have probably gone for a slighter better hard drive :)
And yeah, hopefully you'll have it soon, though remember the time scales are just estimates.

I actually didn't want a Hard Drive at all since I have a 1TB from my laptop that I was planning on formatting and using but that wasn't an option unfortunately. So I went for the cheapest one available.

I understand about the times and I'm not complaining. :)

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
You do realise that you don't have to get an hdd. Ring pcs and they can just not sell you one and you can save some money. Even better, you could send your one to them and they will install it and test it and everything. Also, spec looks good but you don't need the 2gb 560 unless you are going for multiple screens. I would suggest either getting the 560ti if you can afford it or upgrade the CPU cooler one notch. If you cab spend more tell me and I will help you spend on the best upgrades for your pc.

You do realise that you don't have to get an hdd. Ring pcs and they can just not sell you one and you can save some money. Even better, you could send your one to them and they will install it and test it and everything. Also, spec looks good but you don't need the 2gb 560 unless you are going for multiple screens. I would suggest either getting the 560ti if you can afford it or upgrade the CPU cooler one notch. If you cab spend more tell me and I will help you spend on the best upgrades for your pc.

Cheers! Like I said in my PM, I can't find those options on the amend order page, so I'll try and find time to ring them before work tomorrow.

Rakk

The Awesome
Cheers! Like I said in my PM, I can't find those options on the amend order page, so I'll try and find time to ring them before work tomorrow.

That's because the web site won't actually let you :), but the guys on the phones can sort it out for you as MusicGuy said.