Hi!

soul1

Hi everyone. New member here. Looking to get my first custom built laptop later on in the year. A good friend of mine bought the Optimus IV a few years back and is still very happy with it. What is important to me is sound quality on the laptop. Just wondering please which chassis has the best internal speakers. Thanks :)

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi everyone. New member here. Looking to get my first custom built laptop later on in the year. A good friend of mine bought the Optimus IV a few years back and is still very happy with it. What is important to me is sound quality on the laptop. Just wondering please which chassis has the best internal speakers. Thanks :)

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

(Afraid I can't answer your question about laptop speakers though as I always stick to desktops :))

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Always best to get some dedicated speakers with a laptop. Don't think I've ever heard a laptop that can match even a cheap set of speakers. My laptop has decent enough volume but lacks especially in the lower frequencies. A £10 pair of Logitech's can do a much better job though.

soul1

Hi, thanks for both of your replies and nice to meet you. Having read some of the reviews on the site, I think the Defiance II has reasonable sound. That is the chassis that I most likely will go for as it's within budget. However by the time I come to order I think the next gen of Intel Processors (Kaby Lake) will be out. Just out of interest, how often do Clevo update their Chassis. Could we have a Defiance III by the end of this year ? Thanks :)

stegor

Bright Spark
Ummm, has no-one noticed that this isn't a totally new member, but actually the strange fellow from the "google negative reviews" thread? No offence meant soul1. I just find your comments a bit weird.

Rakk

The Awesome
Ummm, has no-one noticed that this isn't a totally new member, but actually the strange fellow from the "google negative reviews" thread? No offence meant soul1. I just find your comments a bit weird.

Many people come to the New Members section after already starting another thread, he is still new-ish to the forums, just this wasn't his first thread - you're not restricted to only posting here on your first thread :)

Last edited:

soul1

Hi stegor, no offence taken :D

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello again soul1, and welcome! :)

Regarding laptop speakers I doubt you'll get quality sound from laptop speakers, and certainly not from the Optimus series. My Optimus IV is outstanding in all respects except the speakers. They are awful, but I knew that before I bought it. IMO you'd be better off getting decent external speakers as Wozza365 suggested.

soul1

Hi ubuysa thanks for your reply. Will bear that in mind. My friend also has the Optimus IV and tbh I don't think the sound is too bad. It's certainly not a deal breaker but it would be nice to see Clevo put better speakers in their new models.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Hi ubuysa thanks for your reply. Will bear that in mind. My friend also has the Optimus IV and tbh I don't think the sound is too bad. It's certainly not a deal breaker but it would be nice to see Clevo put better speakers in their new models.

It's generally a very small concern for laptop manufacturers because hardly anyone buys a laptop based on the speakers. Because if they wanted better audio they would already be using a headset or high quality speakers anyway. Plus the space really doesn't allow for large speakers that can offer a good range of frequencies.