High CPU Usage

Roy03

Every now and again,I get a message appear in the bottom right hand corner of my monitor saying high cpu usage. I normally have windows media player on to listen to my music, and playing solitaire at the same time. I have Norton Internet security running in the background and my processor is an AMD AthlonII X4 640. When I check, it seems that one core is doing all the work, surely it should spread the load evenly, if that makes sense. Answers in words of one syllable as I'm getting on a bit
Many thanms
Roy

Tom DWC

Hi Roy,

Is the warning message being shown by Norton? If so there will no doubt be an option to disable this pop-up (which I would recommend) within the settings menu.

Also you say your 2 core processor is only making use of just the 1 core?

Try typing "sys info" into the search box (Win7) and open up the top result. How many cores are reported by Windows under the processor listing? Does it detect them both?

Roy03

Many thanks for your reply, It is shown by Norton. Windows show all 4 cores being active. as you say I'll just ignore it as Norton seems to make problems that aren't there in reality, many thanks again
Roy