High Gaming Spec? :)

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Hey ya'll! How does this spec look as for a high gaming spec? (BF, Metro, Witcher etc). Also I left the motherboard as I m not too sure about it, if anyone can enlighten me or put me right on the motherboard also please. Thanks a bunch! :turned:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-M: MICRO-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 8 Standard Edition 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Monitor
IIYAMA E2473HS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£159)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'd suggest going for the P8Z77-V LX since it has more expansion slots than the one you selected.

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
thanks a bunch for helping again! also does this build look decent enough, anything else you recommend?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
thanks a bunch for helping again! also does this build look decent enough, anything else you recommend?

Depends on your budget, you could consider a motherboard and PSU that supports SLI to have the possibility of adding a 2nd gtx 670 in the future. A single gtx 670 will max the games you mentioned at high settings.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster

I ordered the exact same rig except with the changes that Keynes has suggested.. I got the SLI motherboard and also went for a 750w PSU incase I choose to add a second GTX670. Arrived yesterday and it's been great so far. Haven't put it through it's paces yet but you should easily get 60fps on BF3, Skyrim, etc.

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
thanks for your replies guys. I. see your idea for future thinking which is cool, but I'm already going over my budget with the gpu. but I will change the motherboard to the one you've recommended keynes. I don't think id want to go as far as using 2 g.cards, I think 1 decent one will be enough for my preference. and thats awesome grimezy! which motherboard did you go with?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I believe I went with the ASUS® P8Z77-V :) I also got the Coolermaster CM690 ii Advanced instead of your case. It's fricking huge, airflow is brilliant in it and it's covered in USB ports. 2 USB 2.0's on the top with 2 USB 3.0's next to them, there's a hard drive bay at the top, another USB 2.0 at the front next to lots of other slots like SD cards and stuff and there's also 2 USB's at the back xD I'm really chuffed with mine though, gonna get home and play a bit of Counterstrike, Team Fortress and the walking dead!

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
I believe I went with the ASUS® P8Z77-V :) I also got the Coolermaster CM690 ii Advanced instead of your case. It's fricking huge, airflow is brilliant in it and it's covered in USB ports. 2 USB 2.0's on the top with 2 USB 3.0's next to them, there's a hard drive bay at the top, another USB 2.0 at the front next to lots of other slots like SD cards and stuff and there's also 2 USB's at the back xD I'm really chuffed with mine though, gonna get home and play a bit of Counterstrike, Team Fortress and the walking dead!

nice stuff! I mainly want a good pc to run battlefield, witcher, simcity.. games along them lines on high settings. really cant wait to put my order in!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Haha I will warn you that if you're impatient it may be worth paying for fast track! I thought I was a fairly patient person... it took 12 working days to build. Which is longer than you think as it's actually more like 2 and a half weeks rather than just under 2 weeks like you would think.

I plan to buy battlefield eventually but I wanted to get everything else sorted first!